PRP for vaginal rejuvenation is a treatment that uses a blood sample to create a specific blood plasma. This plasma contains a concentration of growth factors, stem cells and other healing elements that can restore firm skin. By injecting the serum into the walls of the vagina, doctors can reverse the sagging of the tissue. This is because PRP can stimulate the growth of the collagen and elastin layer under the skin. Patients talked about how they notice firmness and better sensitivity so they can enjoy a relationship again.
PRP treatment can help:
• restore the integrity of the mucosal surface
of the vagina and cervix
• Establish a regular menstrual cycle
•Improve muscle tone in the pelvic floor
• Heal skin tears and fissures in the vaginal area
• Eliminate unpleasant sensations in the
vaginal area during sexual intercourse.
• Reduce the risk of new disease
• Reduce post-surgical scars and stretch marks
There are minimal side effects or complications from PRP treatments. However,there may be swelling, redness and in rare cases slight bruising. Once this subsides, only a very slight change is visible at first. In the following weeks, the platelets stimulate growth factors, which contributes to more collagen growth.